Wednesday, November 15, 2006

On my way

Well, today I discovered what will become a major component of my writing life - a decent Coffee Shop!

I'm not a great coffee drinker but I have to say there is something really nice about sitting in a coffee shop, cup by my side, laptop open, writing away. I think it's because there are no real distractions - ok, I've got my mobile but no one ever rings me, and the coffee shops I use are not wi-fi, so I don't have the fascination of t'internet. It's just me and the (electronic) blank piece of paper.

Until about a year ago, we had the best Coffee shop in the world in town (Well, there might be another contender for that title in Edinburgh, but it's a close run thing). There were comfy settees, friendly staff, good food and plentiful drinks. And it was an independent too, which was an added bonus. But they shut down, unfortunately (taking a large chunk of my social life with it!) and until now there hasn't been a decent replacement.

The new shop is only a Costa, but it's got a nice feel to it, the chairs are comfortable and laptop friendly, and the coffee's not bad. So now my days off will be spent tapping away on a keyboard in town, as I did today. And that can't be bad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home